Monday, July 28, 2008

Visiting Great Grandma



On July 12, 2008 Ava and I went to Payson to visit Great Grandma Allen and Papa and Grandma Diane. John went hiking up Ben Lomond with Ed, so we took advantage of the time. Great Grandma was feeling a little down and in fact has lost quite a bit of weight since we were there on Mother's Day. While we were there visiting Ava fell asleep and I laid her in the bed next to G'ma. She seemed so happy to have Ava next to her that I left her there for the remainder of my visit. G'ma told me that when her children were born she would always leave Wayne Co. and go stay with Mama so she could take care of her and the new baby. She loved being in SLC with Mama and stayed until Gpa came to get her. It was a hard day for me as I saw how old Gma is getting and realizing that her time on earth is coming to a close. It was also a great blessing to see this new life in Ava and wish for her the same fulfilling life that Gma has had. It was a very heart-felt experience for me. After visiting Great Gma, Ava and I went to lunch with Papa and Gma Diane at Daltons. It was a fun day spent with family.

2 comments:

Rob & Autum said...

How sweet! Rob didn't even recognize that is was HIS grandma in the pic. She does look like she had aged a lot since we saw her last. We need to go visit again soon!

Unknown said...

I have so much love and respect for that woman! That's a sweet photo and one to treasure. It's amazing how she remembers things so well from so long ago.