
On Ava's 5 month Bday (weighing 12# 15 oz) she had her first taste of rice cereal. It was pretty funny to watch her figure out how to swallow. Remember that old phrase "Gag me with a spoon?" -- well, that's our girl as she shoves the spoon all the way in. She has had cereal almost everyday since and seems to really like it. We have figured out the thicker the consistency, the better she is at swallowing. Like my mom said, it's a little tough to drink milk from a spoon! She had pears for the first time last night and with every mouthful she would shudder at the taste, but still wanted more. I took video of her tonight and she seems to be getting used to the flavor and texture. Next it's on to peas...
1 comment:
That is such a cute video. I like her face right after she eats the pears! I have been wondering when I could start Carter on solids. Did your doctor recommend 5 months? Also, I haven't been able to figure out how to get my video's on my computer to post them. Do you know of any tips?
Post a Comment