Sunday, June 22, 2008

Father's Day in Escalante


For John's first Father's Day he chose to go hiking in Escalante. We left Friday mid-day and returned Sunday evening. We hiked in the Escalante Petrified Forest State Park and also Calf Creek Waterfalls. Ava and I did shorter versions of both hikes while John and Tootsie hiked them entirely. Ava was so good and we had an excellent time! On the way home we had lunch at Mom's Diner in Salina, it was great food. We stopped to see my dad in Payson on our way home, it was good to visit with them for a short while.

I wanted to share the card I found for John for Father's Day as I really feel that it communicates how I feel about my wonderful husband and Ava's dad. I have a rule about buying cards, if it makes me cry while reading it in the store, it's perfect! "We've shared so much in our time together, but I don't think anything has been quite as wonderful as sharing the love and joy of our special little baby. I'm glad our child has a wonderful daddy like you-- just as glad as I am to have you in my world."

No comments: