Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mommy Returns to Work

Last week was SOOO hard! In fact, it sucked! I started back to work. On Monday it took me over half an hour to get out the door and I cried most of the way to work. John took Ava to the sitter so I wouldn't have to. We have a great sitter for Ava. Her name is Toreen and she is in my ward and takes great care of Ava. She is a retired grandma who only has Ava to take care of and she just loves her to pieces. It has been very difficult to leave her, but knowing she's in good hands has made it do-able. I truly love my job but miss Ava so much. It's interesting how things work out. Working for Weber is such a blessing. I have been able to stack my classes on Tues & Fri and so those are the only days Ava goes to the sitter. I just have office hours on Mondays and am able to take her with me. Wednesdays and Thursdays I work from home...well we'll see how that works. But, the bottom line is because of my education I am able to have some flexibility in my time at work. When I decided to go back to school and get my Ph.D the thought never occurred to me that several years down the road that degree would allow me to have the flexibility to take Ava to work one day and stay at home 2 days a week with her. I feel truly blessed!

3 comments:

Rob and Tam said...

ohhh, sad! I am glad that you have the flexibility too. You are a great mom! Ava is so adorable!! Time goes so fast. I can't believe you are back to work and Ava is already 6 months?? I hope you all adjust quickly. Sorry to hear about your nephew. I have been thinking about you.
love ya

smusti said...

Didn't know you blogged too! Our jobs are a blessing as it provides a true balance between work and family life.....making both doable!

The Taylor Family said...

I LOVE AVA! Bring her back to visit me soon!